CGTC Persistence Social Distance 6 Hour Marathon
CGTC PSD 6 Hour Marathon
This is a FREE virtual 6-hour race starting at 9am Saturday, April 18. Open to anyone and everyone. Runners can choose half or full marathon options.
While we are all social distancing, the idea of this race is to run together, connecting through social media. We will be socially connecting through Strava and ZOOM.
You will run a marathon or half, but broken up into 6 separate runs of 4.367 miles (or 2.183 miles). You complete one run each hour from 9am - 3pm, which will total up to 26.2 miles (or 13.1).
|9:00 AM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|10:00 AM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|11:00 AM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|12:00 AM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|1:00 PM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|2:00 PM||2.183 miles||4.367 miles|
|TOTAL||13.1 miles||26.2 miles|
This event is run through Strava, so you MUST have a Strava account to compete. You can create a free Strava account if you do not have one. If you are unable or unwilling to use Strava, please wait for the next Godiva event.
- Fill out this form so we have your email address and where to send your award.
- Create a link to your Strava account here so your runs show up in the results
- Registration closes at 8am on Friday, April 17. An email will be sent on Friday 4/17 that will include a link to the Zoom meeting for Saturday.
- Log in to ZOOM before the race starts at 9:00 am.
- When the horn blows, go out the door or hop on the treadmill and start your run.
- Marathoners must run 4.367 miles (or more) before the hour is up. Half marathoners run 2.183 miles.
- When you are done with each run, upload each run as a separate activity to Strava. Please try to do this every hour.
- Log back into ZOOM before at the top of the next hour (10:00 am, 11:00 am, etc.)
- Repeat 5 more times
- All six runs MUST be posted to Strava by 3:15 PM.
- If you do not run with a GPS watch or phone, or if you are running on a treadmill, post a manual activity.
In Carolina Godiva style, winners get
a chocolate bar something easy to mail.
Maybe gift cards to local businesses?
- The fastest overall time it takes to run the distance.
- The median runner in each race (if tie, the winner goes to the older person)
- The person with the most elevation gain.
- The slowest overall time it takes to run the distance (DFL award).
- Most laps in the same place (treadmill doesn't count for this catagory)
A: Yes. The results will count the first RUN over 4.367 miles (or 2.183 miles) in the given hour and ignore the rest.
A: No. You can start when you want. But you must start and finish each run before the top of the next hour.
A: No. You only get credit for 4.37 miles (or 2.14). But the time is cumulative. So stop your watch as close to 2.14 or 4.37 as you can.
A: It does not count!
A: Yes. But we allow a margin of error (I’m not telling what it is) so if you are close it will count.
A: Yes. The results will count the first RUN that is equal to or over 4.37 miles (or 2.14) in the given hour and ignore the rest.
A: It does not count.
A: That is the rule. But this is for fun, so I doubt we will disqualify anyone for that. But the idea is we connect with each other.
A: The App will pick up all changes you made. Just make sure they are correct by 3:15pm so we can do awards.
A: Make sure they are showing up in your Strava accoung. If I can take several minutes for Strava.
Post any questions you have to the Facebook event page
or you may email me: email@example.com